Top 10 Questions to Ask a Mortgage Broker in Los Angeles
When speaking to your mortgage lender or broker you want to ensure they are reputable and knowledgeable about all of their services and products. Explain your current financial situation including the amount of down payment, your monthly income, and other substantial monthly installment or revolving expenses that report to the credit bureaus. If you can provide an estimated credit score along with your financial and credit information, a seasoned and experienced mortgage specialist should be able to tell you how much of a purchase and loan amount you will be approved for.
- Which loan is best for my situation?
- Is the mortgage fixed rate or an ARM?
- What Are All the Costs involved?
- What is the total Loan Estimate?
- Do You Offer Loan Rate Locks?
- What is my monthly mortgage payment?
- Does the loan have a prepayment penalty?
- What is the minimum down payment required for this loan?
- Do I have to pay mortgage insurance and if yes how much?
- Do you have alternative mortgage programs with competitive rates that I qualify for?